In the AgriMag.co.za online user journey, a potential buyer will be served a results landing page after they have selected their categories and filters and clicked on search.
The page presented next is the search listings page and it is populated with all the best advert results listed on our site. This is when your photographs become a very important factor.
Which AgriMag advert listings do consumers click on?
Good quality photography and a well-presented advert listing is often a major factor that determines if a consumer will click on your advert or not. Your pictures can make the biggest impact on first impressions.
How can photography help build trust in your business?
When advertisers take the time to ensure that the following points are all part of the sales process in terms of product preparation, it often shows the buyer that the seller cares about what they’re selling.
- Their products are clean and presented properly.
- Their images are clear and of the correct quality.
- The images show all the key features and major working parts.
- Photos are well-lit and composed properly.
(Chancers seldom put in time and effort when selling)
What are the key elements of taking good photos?
To take good photographs, a few simple tips can go a long way in assisting sellers to take quality photos. You don't need to be a professional to take good pictures. All you need is a modern cell phone, some good natural lighting, and a little bit of planning.
Let's take a look at some factors to consider when taking photographs:
- Cleanliness: Make sure your product is clean. The cleaner it is, the better it will look. Make sure it looks like something that can be bought and delivered immediately.
- Quality: The quality of your image will be determined by the camera you use. If possible, you can go the full DSLR route because these images can be used across many platforms due to their high resolution. But a simple cell phone with an HD camera will also suffice for the purpose of using your images online and across your social platforms.
- Lighting: We understand that not all lighting situations can be controlled but there are times to take photographs of your farm equipment that will give you better results. The thing you need to try and avoid is heavy shadows. Taking pictures early in the morning or later on in the afternoon into the sunset will provide you with the softest natural light. Depending on the season, the best windows for photography are between 4 AM to 10 AM and 4 PM to 7 PM. If you are able to control your lighting, then you are winning. You also want to try and make sure that you take your photos with the sun at your back so that you are between your product and the sun. Just make a note to keep an eye out for shadows. When photographing the interior, make sure there is enough light inside the tractor or other products and that the pictures do not come out dark. Use your flash if you have to.
- Background and location: Clutter adds confusion. A distracting background can make even the cleanest product seem cheap. Try to choose backgrounds that are clean and make the product stand out. There should be good contrast between the product and the background. The background should also complement the product. "For example, a tractor in a field.
- Composition: A part of the composition in photography refers to framing. Make sure you show the entire product in the picture. Images that have parts of the product cut off are a waste and just don't look good.
Taking the above into consideration when taking your product photographs will go a long way in making your product stand out. You will build credibility with regular sellers and you will build trust in your brand.